The brand new Google My Business dashboard is here and people are excited about the new features. Many influential marketers got their hands on the new dashboard about a month ago, and now Google is making it available to other people on…a random basis. Here’s a screenshot of the new Dashboard.
The new Google My Business dashboard boasts many improved features such as:
- All users regardless of their size will be using the same interface. It means that you will no longer have to switch between the card and list view.
- The new dashboard is easy to navigate, allowing you to view and edit your listings within the same window.
- You can now find the posts and insights directly on the side navigation panel.
- This one is big. Now adding more listings will not affect the loading speed of the page.
- Not sure if you have the latest version of the dashboard? Log in to your account and check if there’s a “Black to Classic GMB” option in the left side navigation menu.
BE CAREFUL HOW YOU COLLECT REVIEWS – GOOGLE UPDATES ITS REVIEWS GUIDELINES
PSA from Website Hosting Canada Leader HostedinCanada.com
Google is struggling hard to keep the reviews trustworthy. They are trying to weed out fake reviews and bring genuine reviews, but they have a long journey ahead. As reported in Google My Business forums, recently, a Kentucky law firm allegedly ran a contest on Facebook, offering people zoo tickets in exchange for positive reviews.
This didn’t go down well with other law firms and businesses and they reported the incident to Google. As a result, Google updated their reviews guideline from:
“Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor.”
“In addition to Prohibited Content guidelines, text reviews are subject to the following additional requirements:
- Don’t use reviews for advertising purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, posting email addresses, phone numbers, social media links or links to other websites in your reviews.
- Don’t include promotional or commercial content.
- Don’t offer or accept money in exchange for reviews.
- Don’t solicit reviews from customers in bulk.”
Reviews are important and it is almost as effective as a personal recommendation, but be careful how you collect it.
To help you get more reviews for your business, we highly recommend our review widget. It’s a small piece of code which is placed on your website and helps you get positive reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook. In addition, it helps to filter out negative reviews too thus ensuring a positive experience for website users. Need more details? Please connect with us.
There are many factors that influence a sites ranking in voice search results. To figure out which factor is most important, Backlinko conducted an extensive analysis. Here are the findings:
- Page speed is crucial. Most of the results were from fast loading pages.
- Domain authority is of absolute importance.
- Content that ranks well on the desktop also ranks well on voice search.
- Surprisingly, Schema is not that important factor as only 36% of sites that ranked well on voice search results were using schema.
- 41% of Voice search results came from featured snippets.
- HTTPS is an absolute must.
This research debunked the myth that Schema is of absolute importance. And also made it clear that page speed is CRUCIAL. All the results that listed well on voice search were almost 2 times faster than traditional pages.
Google’s reliance on domains with high authority for providing voice search results comes from the tendency that they “may” provide higher accuracy as compared to domain’s with less authority. But it is possible that they will come up with a more sophisticated approach for the same in near future.
The research also shed some light on the importance of long-form content. People speak more words that they type, so it’s natural that pages that use comprehensive content will reign supreme in this area.
However, you don’t have to specifically optimize your site’s content for voice search, writing in-depth content will suffice the need.
On a side note, the virtual assistants are on the rise. So the marketers who are willing to offer their clients with latest digital marketing should take these platform seriously.